Job offer from 23.06.2022
The following full-time post should be filled as soon as possible at the Max Planck Institute of Biology in Tübingen: Research coordinator (m / f / d).
Our institute explores fundamental issues of modern biology at several organizational levels of living things. More information about our research can be found on our homepage.
- Scientific support: As a research coordinator, you act as a liaison between the research and scientific administration and support the Director-General (DG) and all other directors in managing the institute’s ongoing scientific work in relation to the respective areas of responsibility. This includes:
- Science Management: Assistance to the Directorate General in the preparation of Faculty meetings; Preparation of draft decisions and, if authorized, control of their implementation; Coordination and preparation of advisory board meetings; scientific support of DG in research planning and further development of scientific and technical infrastructure; Participation and counseling in the selection of scientific and technical staff; conducting elections for audit committees; Support for cooperation and networking with universities, institutions at Max Planck Campus Tübingen and national and international research institutions.
- Institute risk management: Support to the Directorate-General in the fields of labor, fire, health, radiation, animal welfare and the environment; Support to DG in the resulting tasks and responsibilities within the responsibility of the operator.
- Construction coordination: Support in planning, preparation, coordination and monitoring in the field of research construction; Contact person for general administration (construction department), construction office and workers’ council within the construction coordination.
- Events: Coordination and organization of scientific conference programs (search symposia, conferences, workshops, colloquia, etc.).
- Documentation, publication and reporting: Support in conceptual planning, preparation, coordination and scientific editing of research reports of the institute and contributions to MPG publications; Support in informing the institute staff about relevant institute issues.
- Support for research projects: Support scientists with cooperation and foreign trade issues.
- We expect a university degree with a doctorate and several years of relevant professional experience, preferably at a scientific research institute.
- You are also extremely good at communication and are fluent in German and English.
- You bring in-depth expertise in the above areas, you have great organizational talent and you are flexible in taking on new tasks.
- Independent and reliable way of working, friendly attitude, high motivation and intercultural competence are something that goes without saying for you.
We offer a diverse and responsible area of responsibility in a high-class international research environment. Max Planck offers its employees continuous and extensive opportunities for further training. The benefit is based on the TVöD Bund with social benefits in accordance with public service regulations.
Max Planck has set itself the goal of employing people with severe disabilities. Applications from people with severe disabilities are explicitly encouraged. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society strives for gender equality and diversity and wants to increase the share of women in areas where they are underrepresented. Women are therefore explicitly encouraged to apply.
Your letter of request
Have we piqued your interest? Then, please submit the complete application documentation by July 10, 2022, exclusively through our job portal.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Frank Baumann (07071 / 601-302) available.